Subject: RE: EMTC Meeting - Proposed Changes to CAP-AU-STD - Attachment A [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Wendy,

Yes, I understand the time difference issues.  When this was under development your organization secured a consultancy for me through OASIS to help manage the effort and coordination in the different time zones.  That should not be necessary for this effort, but you will need to attend a meeting to describe the effort, how it was vetted and support any questions the membership has.  Our process requires members to attend 3 out of 5 meetings to be eligible to vote.  In this way, we are sure that people are informed of the material before they make decisions that can affect many.

Our CAP Subcommittee is diligently working through comments as they work toward either a CAP 1.3 or 2.0.  This process takes many months and involves members and interested parties all over the world.  I would encourage your organization to stay in touch with the discussion on these lists and take advantage of your membership status.

Decisions on the CAP work are ultimately made in the EM-TC.  We are planning to have some meetings at different times to accommodate that participation.  I will put that topic on the agenda for tomorrows discussion.  We should be able to piggy back your work on the CAP work that will require some EM-TC meetings to be held in various time zones.

You might consider using the emergency discussion list to socialize you effort.  Just a post of your document with what you wish to accomplish in an email to emergency@lists.oasis-open.org would be your first step.  I will ask the TC on our call tomorrow what meetings we could schedule that would accommodate your attendance.  I will also ask members to weigh in on your post to the list.  We can ask members to address any comments to you on the list where all can be involved in the discussion.  You will just need to be present on a call for the voting activities.

Do you wish to proceed in this way?  You can also reach me on Skype at Elysa.Jones1

Kind regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS

Emergency Management Technical Committee

Emergency Interoperability Member Section