Subject: Re: [emergency] HL7-OASIS joint work - Accomplishment!

Congratulations all around, especially to Patti!

On 7/9/2016 6:03 AM, Elysa Jones wrote:

Friends,

As many of you know, the OASIS EM-TC and the HL7 Public Health Emergency Response (PHER) have been working on a bi-directional transformation specification between our EDXL Tracking of Emergency Patients (TEP) and the HL7 in-hospital messaging.  This has been done and a Committee Note documenting that transformation available in our documents.

Patti Aymond of IEM did a tremendous job working all the technical details for the data mapping working closely with the PHER Working Group (WG) through multiple ballots and ballot reconciliations to get to this point.  She didn’t stop there, as there was still much to do to help me navigate the delicate path between two different Standards Development Organizations (SDOs) governance structures.  That has now been completed with recent votes of the PHER WG for the publication request for the joint document.  You will see it announced by Chet soon but you can find it in our documents now.   A BIG congratulations to Patti and all those involved over the many years this project has taken!

I have just learned that our request has been granted to highlight the completion of this work at the Sept meeting of the HL7 WG meeting in Baltimore.  I will have 5 min on the podium in front of the general membership to give an overview of the project and invite people to attend a birds of a feather session where we can have presentations and demonstrations.  I will learn more about the particulars soon.  If any of you have an interest in attending and presenting please reply to the adoption TC list as we will discuss any plans for this demonstration in that TC and associated SCs.

Thank you all for your work supporting open data messaging standards for emergency communication,

Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS

Emergency Management Technical Committee

Emergency Interoperability Member Section

Email: rexb@starbourne.com
GeoAddress:
1361 Addison St. Apt. A
Berkeley, CA 94702