Subject: EIC meeting today 2-4EDT

Friends,

There will be an EIC meeting today from 2-4EDT.

Rex Brooks, Secretary of the Emergency Management Technical Committee of OASIS will present to the EIC on EDXL: More than the Sum of Its Parts.

The Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) grew out of a process that included input from first responders/practitioners, governmental agencies, vendor/implementers and concerned members of the public. It grew over decades in a process driven by requirements from as many stakeholders as could be reasonably included. It did not grow out of a either a top-down or bottom-up approach, but a combination of both as appropriate. As such, it was not until the current set of specifications was in place, that we were able to begin to effectively see it as a whole and identify the common structure that evolved out of the standards development process.

This presentation focuses on the recent effort to craft a framework-toolkit that fulfills the need for development-support for developer-implementers. For EDXL to fulfill its promise of improving emergency management we need to attract more software developers to take on the task of implementing EDXL.  That process is underway and will be presented during this meeting.  The presentation will also be delivered to the international community during the first ever EDXL Workshop in Rome, Italy Sept 22, 2017.

EIC Meeting Log-in Details:

https://share.dhs.gov/eic-july-2017/

Phone: 1-877-717-1478

Conference PIN:  5615042

We look forward to your participation for this important presentation.

The EIC will take August off – see you in September!

Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS

Emergency Management Technical Committee

Emergency Interoperability Member Section