emix-comment message

Subject: Review of emix csprd02

All,

I am beginning to review the CSPRD02 version of EMIX. In this regard, I believe the following would be immensely helpful to me and other reviewers to understand and comment on the draft.

Can you please provide the following:

1)    referenced schemas in file form for coordinated review – in reviewing schemas, often problems occur in referenced schemas and this cannot be worked with when they are only available by url. I think this includes:

            <xs:import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:icalendar-2.0" schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-calendar/ws-calendar-spec/v1.0/csprd02/xsd/iCalendar.xsd"/>

            <xs:import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:icalendar-2.0" schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-calendar/ws-calendar-spec/v1.0/csprd02/xsd/iCalendar-wscal-extensions.xsd"/>

            <xs:import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:icalendar-2.0" schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-calendar/ws-calendar-spec/v1.0/csprd02/xsd/iCalendar-availability-extension.xsd"/>

            <xs:import namespace="urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:standard:5:ISO42173A:2010-04-07" schemaLocation="http://www.unece.org/uncefact/codelist/standard/ISO_ISO3AlphaCurrencyCode_20100407.xsd"/>

            <xs:import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2" schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/gml.xsd"/>

2)    UML Model of the standard – there are other standards in progress that want to use EMIX and are working in UML. Availability of the correct UML to the standard is essential for these adopters (I am thinking specifically ASHRAE SPC201P which is working exclusively in UML). One would expect that the UML model matches the XMLSchema to the extent this is possible due to the different paradigms of UML and XSD. However, class hierarchy, aggregation, associations, and vocabulary should transfer properly. I recognize that the “substitutionGroup” facet will not transfer, but most else will.

3)    There is one example in the draft – Appendix G. Which schema can be used to validate it – emix.xsd? power-products.xsd? Is there some description of what this example is about beyond the one sentence description? It would be useful to understand how it is composed of EMIX constructs? Is there an example of the use of the other major component resource?

Cheers,

Marty

Dr. Martin J. Burns

President