Subject: RE: [emix] Do we need reserves?

Well, simplifying and reducing the number of objects is always a good thing.
I actually posed the same question to the MEM team inside TC57 this morning,
and if we make that move, it would be in synchrony with movement in the
Market Interfaces of the CIM, which is being worked on right now. We are
exchanging our ideas, trying to bring them together.

The alignment of Reserve products and of and of Options is fairly natural.
When discussed in market terms, a paid agreement to be ready to provide an
agreed service at an agreed price (even if that price is agreed to be market
price) is exactly what an option is.

Still, as before:

Tender proffered displaying capabilities.
Contract to provide scheduled product during contract window
Performance call specifying [run time] and start

I am thinking that if I do merge reserves / options, that we need to add an
enumeration to the Options object, so you can easily filter for the extant
"Spin Reserve" option contracts.

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well" - Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar
TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104
http://www.tcnine.com/