Subject: Re: [energyinterop] DCW's comments on energyinterop-wd

I think we should also consider the extent of implementations on the
field and what purposes we're eventually using it for. REST is the new
implementation and has constraints, albeit easy to do. It's not useful
for heavy duty interactions. There may be areas where SOAP makes sense
(e.g., security and reliability).

The key rationale for Simple SOAP to be made as "required"
implementation within OpenADR V1.0 was:

1. Majority of current Web service implementations are with SOAP interface.
2. SOAP can offer any heavy duty interactions that can off better data
security.

I think, in general both SOAP and REST interfaces could be considered
based on specific implementation and individual choice.

Thanks,
-Rish

--
Rish Ghatikar
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain
confidential information and should not be copied without permission. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as
possible and delete the email from computer[s].