Subject: Other instantiations

Per our meeting last week, we are discussing how we should deliver our promises. There was a tentative agreement that we might deliver a core protocol and one instantiation (Web Services). EnergyInterop-CORE is the base model and the interaction patterns.

EnergyInterop-WS would be the WS details including WS-Security choices, EBMS message patterns (perhaps), etc. EnergyInterop-WS could be delivered as a separate specification that referenced Core and this two specification result would be w/I the charter.

FIX (Financial Information Exchange) the most prevalent protocol used in large scale trading of financial instruments. One could imagine that the large-scale committed purchases that Ed C talks about might be delivered in FIX, and perhaps for intermediaries if not for retail.

CAP (Common Alerting Protocol) refers to the suite of emergency communication s protocols.  The California Emergency Communications Network, so I am told, delivers announcements of DR Days in certain markets already.

Following this approach, we would have the following identified specifications

EnergyInterop-Core *

EnergyInterop-WS *

EnergyInterop-FIX

EnergyInterop-CAP

With a commitment to delivered the starred ones as part of this initial work plan.

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well" - Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar