Subject: Jira notices and entering new issues and commenting on existing issues

All --

Dave Holmberg and I spent considerable time going through issues and moving to "Resolved" (which means "the TC agrees or not") for the Wednesday meeting - April 13.

Some issues are attached to releases in the future, some to the past, so the next set will align those with the actual release schedule.

Please look at issues assigned to you; we're trying to get them properly assigned to people who need to comment on them, but feel free to comment on any issue through state Applied.

As discussions mature on the list, the summaries and information for decisions need to move to Jira.

If it isn't in Jira, it's unlikely to be fixed - so please don't say "I mentioned that on the email list X weeks ago." Put it in Jira so we can address it.

If you're entering an issue, please do the following:

(a) Enter your name in the "Environment" field

(b) Select the appropriate version - right now wd22

(c) Select the correct component(s)

(d) make sure there's enough context to find what you describe (e.g., schema file XYZ line 234, or PDF spec line 567).

(e) please do NOT reference the word documents; they're not there for review but to maintain the "editable version" stream that OASIS requires.  Do feel free to use the "doc-with-changes" but NOT to reference line numbers; there's no simple relationship and its a burden on other commenters and those who implement the changes to have to look in multiple documents to figure out what you mean.

(f) Just to emphasize that point, NEVER point to a line number in a word doc. Word paginates and assigns line numbers differently depending on the printer YOU have configured, which is pretty certainly not the printer I or the editor have configured.

(g) Leave "Fix Version" set to the next WD.  When we do it right (that's usually me) the issues that aren't finished for WDx are moved forward to WDx+1.  When I don't do it right we get (as we have right now) 6 issues to be fixed in wd19. When we decide to apply the resolutions, the fixed version will be updated. We need that correct for the issues logs.

If you're commenting on an issue, please follow (d) and (e) and (f).

Thanks!

Dave H and Bill C
--
William Cox