Subject: Re: [energyinterop] Ack! Ack! The Ack String Task Force this evening/afternoon

See the notes from the AckGroup (really "ResponseString" group, but we're evolving quickly).

All of these "acknowledgements/responses" will be of a single type that indicates first (in effect) YES, NO, MAYBE, and then details.  I'm working to get a draft out this weekend.

We'd originally said it was a Response String with a null string meaning "OK" or (perhaps) "YES".  Gerry's proposal would be a simpler version of the array that some protocols use.

Some of these go away completely - "ProgramCall" is subsumed in Ed's structure for EiEvent (as a "simple level" - but we need a bit more information on the range and the "normal" value to aid autoconfiguration).

Opt/Constraint (in the wd23 naming) are also on my plate for the weekend.

William Cox
Email: wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com
Web: http://www.CoxSoftwareArchitects.com
+1 862 485 3696 mobile