Subject: Terms and models

I've seen a lot of email threads on the defintions of various entities and how they fit into a model that hopefully not only defines those entities, but also specifies the possible relationships between them. For the most part I'm open to what the model is, but I'm not sure if I've seen that model clearly defined yet.

My objective is less about defining the model itself and more about tyring to map the entities we defined in OpenADR 1.0 to the new EI model. I've heard a lot of comments over the years about our OpenADR 1.0 model was inadequate. The critisizm ranged from it being too simplistic and too CA oriented to it not addressing wholesale markets. I accept that critisizm, but that does not obviate the need for us in the OpenADR community to map the entities and use cases we are accustomed to supporting to the new model in EI. If we can't do that then the EI model is either not clear, not consistent, or inadequate. At this point in time I don't know which it is.

So far I've seen the following terms bandied about in the EI model:

VTN, VEN, ESI, party, resource, meter

Did I miss any? If so lets add them. If someone could take the relevant terms above and do the following it would help me immensely in understanding the model.

- Write a tight definition of each entity.

- Put each entity as both row and column headers in a spreadsheet and in each cell define the relationship between each of those entities that intersect that cell. Such definitions should describe the relationship between those entities and should include the normal entity relationship terms like "one-to-one" or "may contain many instances", etc.

thanks,

-ed koch