Subject: Re: first proposal

Lauren Wood wrote:

> > Yep. I don't mind long names as long as they're clear. But I'm not
> > delighted with LoadCatalog, since it's the only one that's got a verb
> > in it.
> [...]
> >
> > Maybe just 'import'. (The semantics of the CATALOG directive are more
> > like xsl:import than xsl:include.)
> >
> > Yes, I think I vote for 'import' all by itself.
>
> Works for me.

Umm.  Isn't it the case that the referenced catalog is not searched
unless the current catalog does not satisfy the request?  This seems
to me like subclassing (the current catalog is a subcatalog of the
referenced catalog), the Java term for which is "extend".  That's
what I had in mind.

How about "subCatalogOf"?

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>