Subject: Proposal for XML syntax for catalogs

We need a place to start, here's a strawman, by example only because
I think my intentions will be clear. Feel free to disagree. :-)

<catalog override="yes">
  <public publicId="xxx" uri="yyy"/>
  <system systemId="xxx" uri="yyy"/>
  <catalog override="no" xml:base="absURI">
    <delegate idPrefix="xxx" catalog="yyy"/>
    <public publicId="zzz" uri="yyy"/>
  </catalog>
  <import catalog="yyy"/>
</catalog>

I know that 'import' is contentious.

I used 'idPrefix' (which I don't think is great) on delegate instead
of 'partialPublicId' because I see delegate as being useful for URNs
as well:

  <delegate idPrefix="urn:oasis:member:ndw:"
            catalog="http://nwalsh.com/catalog"/>

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM | You must not think me necessarily foolish
XML Technology Center     | because I am facetious, nor will I consider