Subject: Re: locating schemas via public ids

At 22:09 2001 01 23 -0800, Lauren Wood wrote:
>On 23 Jan 2001, Paul Grosso wrote:
>> Below is what I'm suggesting we submit to the XML Schema WG.  We'd
>> need to send it soon, so please give comments asap.
>>
>> Also, to what extent do we need to check with the OASIS AC rep before
>> we send this to the XML Schema WG.  And, since OASIS is a W3C member,
>> but OASIS is an outside organization, should we be involving the XML
>> CG in this interchange or not?
>>
>> My suggested answers:  Lauren should tell Laura what we're doing and
>> we should plan to cc her on the email we send.  We (Lauren or her
>> designate--I'm willing if designated) should inform the XML CG and cc
>> them on the email to XML Schema.
>
>I think this is a good plan. Normally I think I should be the person
>to carry out all the parts of this; however since I will be out of email
>contact from Thursday until Tuesday Feb 6th, I would prefer if
>someone else can handle this, copying me on any
>correspondence. Paul, I am happy to designate you for this
>position. I will email Laura about our plans before I leave.

Okay, so you will email Laura and cc this group, correct?

Then I will inform the XML CG and send the email to them
and the XML Schema.

I want to do this as soon as possible, but certainly no later
than the XML CG telcon next Tuesday the 30th, so get any
comments in asap.

>The suggested email seems fine to me.

Actually, upon reflection, I think I'll delete note [7] where
I suggest a possible solution.  While theoretically workable,
I realize it requires 3 levels of quotes, and it makes for
some pretty ugly attribute values.