Subject: Re: What about urn:publicid: in the catalog?

/ Lauren Wood <lauren@softquad.com> was heard to say:
| Thus, entityResolver(null, "urn:publicid:foo")
| will not be automatically treated as if the actual call had been:
|  entityResolver("foo", null)
| but in the special case of
| entityResolver("foo", "urn:publicid:foo")
| we would check whether the foo's match up, and take the first "foo"
| if they don't, if the implementation recovers from the error.
|
| Is this doable, or just too weird?

We might finesse the system id case this way, but what about:

  entityResolver("urn:publicid:foo",null)

which is automagically

  entityResolver("foo", null)

and will never ever match

  <public publicId="urn:publicid:foo" .../>

or

  URIResolve("urn:publicid:bar")

which becomes (effectively)

  entityResolver("bar", null)

and will never match

  <uri name="urn:publicid:bar" ../>

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | The important thing is not what the author, or
XML Standards Engineer | any artist, had in mind to begin with but at