Subject: [Fwd: RE: software licenses]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: software licenses
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:12:25 -0400
From: "Karl F. Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
To: Lauren Wood <lauren@sqwest.bc.ca>, chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

OASIS is obliged by the TC Process to archive the mail list archives for the
life of the corporation.

TC web pages aren't obliged to be so permanent, but I intend not to ever
delete anything; we'll just move the link to the page to an "old" category,
but the pages themselves should stay under their current URL for quite a
while.

I don't think the OASIS copyright and IPR would apply to non-TC work, but
perhaps John could submit his work as a note of some sort (sorta like a W3C
note?) that has no normative vallue but still nice to be able to refer to.
Or, just include it as an attachment to a mail message then you can point to
the URL of that message in the archive.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206

--

Lauren Wood, Director of Product Technology, SoftQuad Software
Chair, XML 2001 - Call for presentations now open at www.xmlconference.org