Subject: Re: Spec comments to process

/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
| Editorial:
|
| - 4.1. Make schemalocation clearer

Done.

| - 4.3. Does the resolver ever see fragment identifiers? It should not.

Done.

| - Move answer to "does the resolver resolve itself?" higher up in the spec.

Done.

| - Middle of bulleted list item 1 in 5.1, "ignoring any [SUCH] processing inst."

Done.

| - Two paras before section 6: paragraph is ambiguous. makes it sound like
|   there's some subtle requirement to detect all possible circularities.

Done.

| - Last paragraph of 6.1, last attribute is unqualified but you can't
|   tell if it's local or global.

Fixed.

| Technical:
|
| - Public identifier for catalog is not normative

Fixed.

| - Schema should be normative? At least one of them should be normative?

No. Fixed.

| - Section 6.3, forcing URIs to be encoded removes the benefits of utf-8.
|
|  1. they must be escaped completely to the appropriate ascii form in the doc
|     either you do the comparison using whatever form is given and you'd expect
|     the caller to do the escaping
|  2. there is no normative required escaping, make sure your catalog documents
|     are using URIs escaped in the same way as the caller
|  3. use the full breadth of utf-8 and escape only the URI reserved symbols.
|     do the same thing from the caller.
|
|   note: we don't say anything about the application calling the resolver.
|   either the resolver normalizes all of them, or both the catalog editor and
|   the app layer must do normalization as specified in 6.3.

I don't know what to do about this one.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- --
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM    | Formal symbolic representation of qualitative
XML Standards Architect | entities is doomed to its rightful place of
Web Tech. and Standards | minor significance in a world where flowers
Sun Microsystems, Inc.  | and beautiful women abound.--Albert Einstein