Subject: Groups - Telcon modified

Telcon has been modified by Lauren Wood

Date:  Tuesday, 25 January 2005
Time:  09:00am - 10:00am PT

Event Description:
Phone 865.524.6352 code 7386368#

Bridge kindly provided by Sun courtesy of Norm.

Agenda:
Discuss the issues at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/entity/email/archives/200501/msg00000.html and other emails in that thread (see http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/entity/) for the list.

Any other issues with the spec?
Status of tutorial (Mark).
Due date for revised specification.
Set time for call to vote on Committee Draft/Spec (first step to OASIS Standard), or vote on enabling an email vote to approve the spec as a Committee Draft.
Any other business.

Minutes:
Present: Norm, Lauren, Tony, Mark, Paul

Group preference seemed to be to have a new element rather than overlap. Tony's suggestion looked interesting; we don't need to remove rewriteSystem. Paul points out that if we add rewriteSystemPrefix, then new catalogs won't work on old implementations even if they don't use rewriteSystemSuffix. Tony thinks the complication of having different things for people to remember outweighs that. Even though we haven't gone to OASIS standard yet, there is quite a lot of legacy code out there. Is the backward incompatibility worth it? Norm also points out that rewriteSystem works differently to systemSuffix (also known as rewriteSystemSuffix in some discussion) and this concerns him. rewriteSystem takes some prefix of the uri and replaces it with something else. This makes things point to the same relative location on your hard disk. systemSuffix replaces the entire uri, rather than just some small part of it.

Vote: to add systemSuffix with two attributes - one to identify the suffix and one to identify the uri with the full path to the entity. No objections. Note we're using the name systemSuffix so it doesn't look like rewriteSystem.

Tony withdraws his suggestion to add rewriteSystemPrefix as an alias for rewriteSystem.

One more issue for the spec: what title do we give it? We will call it 1.1. Due date: Feb 4. Next call to vote on Committee Spec/Draft Tue 15th at 9 am Pacific (noon Eastern).

Tutorial: Mark has been working on it. Will post something by tomorrow morning.

Tony will represent the ER TC at the OASIS Symposium.

Norm has Eduardo's blessing to certify for Sun that Sun uses catalogs. Norm will send email about this.

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/entity/event.php?event_id=6953

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.