Subject: minutes from phone meeting 20050621

Present: Norm, Lauren, Adam, Paul, Jirka, Mark,

1) Adam will resend the Debian email with the correct wording that
Debian is using the ER specs.

2) Norm will check the test suite and if it looks ok, will recommend
that we add a link to it from our committee page.

3) Heiko's comment is just a typo and will be fixed. Bob Stayton's
comment is trickier: Norm will add more editorial information to
explain what we expect. We then started discussing the prefer
setting. Norm will add that this week. John Clark's comment - we
don't want base URIs to apply. Norm will respond to both these
comments today.

4) Mark will send the tutorial to the list by tomorrow. The tutorial
is aimed at end users. We need to add content - any volunteer bits of
content would be gratefully received.

Q about process: assuming editorial only, should not need a new
review process. People should check Norm's new version; we can do an
email vote on taking it to CS again.

5) PR effort - we need to come up with a para to explain why catalog
resolution is important to put in the vote. FAQ - collect questions
and answers. Pointers to Norm's articles and papers; Adam will send
any appropriate pointers he finds. List of applications that support
catalogs. Lauren will hunt on xml.com and similar sites and come up
with a starter set for the FAQ. docbook-apps gets questions, as does
the libxml mailing list xml@gnome.org.

Timing: avoid July and August. Aim for public vote in September or as
close to this as possible.

Phone call to go over material: July 12th at noon Eastern, 9 am
Pacific, same phone number.