Subject: Fwd: Review of OASIS Artifact Identification Requirements (includes URN, namespace updates)

Hi everyone,

  This was supposed to have been forwarded to the TC for review; I
didn't see it come across the email list so I'm (re)posting.

Thanks!

Mary

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: William Cox <wtcox@comcast.net>
Date: Jun 23, 2005 4:02 PM
Subject: Review of OASIS Artifact Identification Requirements
(includes URN, namespace updates)
To: lauren@textuality.com, ndw@nwalsh.com, eve.maler@sun.com
Cc: Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>, Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

Laura, Norm, and Eve --

The OASIS Technical Advisory Board is getting ready for a broader review
of the Artifact Identification Requirements, attached. This working
draft includes the set of metadata required for all OASIS artifacts, how
to express that metadata, persistent URLs, and how to name various
artifacts.

I'm sending this to you because it started as an update of the "Proposed
Rules for OASIS Document File Naming" written by Eve Maler, and suggests
modifications, extensions, and interpretations of RFC 3121, written by
Karl Best and Norm. I cannot sent the document to the ERTC, due to Kavi
restrictions, but I would appreciate it if you would forward it to the
TC as well.

Given the subject matter, we would like you to have a look at it before
sending it out for member review. Would it be possible to get comments
by (say) the latter part of next week, June 30 or so?

The two Acrobat files are the specification itself, and a short list of
questions we'd like reviewers to consider and how comments would be most
useful.

If any of you would like to speak with me (as editor), you can reach me
at the phone numbers below, or via email.

Thanks for your time and (I hope) interest.

bill cox

908 277 2499 home
862 485 3696 cell (preferred)
wtcox@comcast.net

--
Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS

Review of AIR WD 14.pdf

ArtifactIdentificationRequirements-v1.0-wd-14-D4.pdf