Subject: Re: [entity-resolution] FAQ list

Here's some more...

- when do I use 'system' elements and when do I use 'uri' elements?
- how can I use the catalog map XML Schema namespaces to file locations?
- can catalogs be used for other artifacts such as WSDL documents?
- I'd like to store additional bits of information in the catalog, is the file format extensible?

thanks

Craig

Craig Salter
Rational Studio XML Web Services
Internal Mail: D3/RY6/8200 /MKM
Phone: (905) 413-3918  TL: 969-3918 FAX: (905) 413-4920
Internet: csalter@ca.ibm.com     Notes: Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

"Lauren Wood" <lauren@textuality.com>

06/28/2005 03:34 PM
Please respond to
lauren

entity-resolution@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[entity-resolution] FAQ list

A beginning. I'm starting with just questions; feel free to throw out
any. They're in no particular order yet, they will need to be ordered
before we can publish them. Suggestions for more questions are also
welcome, of course!

- what's an entity, and what does it mean to resolve it?
- why is the other word for "entity resolution" a "catalog"?
- what's the difference between "entity resolution" and "URI
resolution"?
- what sort of entities can I use an entity resolver for?
- what is an entity manager and how is that related to entity
rsolution?
- how do I use an entity resolver to cache the schemas etc I need?
- SAX resolves relative URIs before handing them to the resolver, how
do I get around that problem?
- how do catalogs work together with XInclude?
- I'm having problems with zzz - where do I go for help? (do a few of
these, for docbook-apps, libxml, etc)