ffm message

Subject: request for update/revision in XML namespace name construction pattern

TC members,

Congratulations on your steady progress in technical work.

Here's an early detection note on:

"Field Force Management Integration Interface Specifications Version 1.0"
WD01

I realize that no spec Working Draft has yet been thoroughly
reviewed as ready for an approved CSD (not aware of
any relevant motions, ballots, submission requests),
but I did spot in a current Working Draft 01 these
identifier strings (examples):

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/common/api
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/common/model
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/fir/api
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/fir/model
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/rdm/api
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/rdm/model
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/rdm/model/profile
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/system/capability/api
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/system/capability/model
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/system/info/api
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/system/info/model
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/wrm/api
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/wrm/model
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/ws/implementation
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/ws/manager

They appear in the prose draft, and in the early draft machine
readable files:

URI identifier strings used in:

- namespace declarations (xmlns: )
- values for "namespace" (with schemaLocation imports)
- values for "targetNamespace"

Could you consider a revision in the pattern so that the
identifier strings use /ns/ following the tc-shortName ( ffm )
rather than preceding?

Example:

draft: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ffm/v1.0/common/model
want: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ffm/ns/v1.0/common/model

The change would be consistent with a 2011 decision and recent update
of the Naming Directives document. [1]

Please let me know if this imposes any significant hardship at this time.

Thanks!

[1]  http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#ns-URI-string-rules

- Robin

--