ffm message

Subject: An error in your submission for FFM Integration Interface Requirements public review & how to avoid it next time

Hi Thinh & members of the FFM TC,

I have started work on the FFM Integration Interface Requirements
second public review. In checking your submission, I realized that the
working draft the TC approved is a different link from the working
draft submitted in your TC Admin request.

I require that the document link you submit for processing be the same
document link that you vote to approve in your TC minutes. The reason
for this is so that we can always guarantee to the TC and to anyone
else who asks that the what the TC approved is exactly what TC Admin
put out for public review. If the two links are different, it could
lead to questions or confusion about whether someone modified the
document after the TC approved it.

In this situation, I compared the two documents and I see that they
are identical except for the working draft number. Therefore I will go
ahead and prepare the document and post it for public review using the
document you approved
(http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ffm/download.php/44877/latest/FFMII-BusinessUseCasesFeaturesREQ-v1.0-wd01-01192012.docx).

Going forward, to avoid any submission problems and to avoid me having
to ask you to vote again to approve a working draft, please take the
following steps:

1. Create a ZIP file with the specification and load that to Kavi.
While this may seem like a minor point when you are submitting a
single document, when you are submitting a multiple files (e.g. a
specification document and accompanying schema file), you are required
to vote on all the components as a single unit. Putting them together
in one ZIP file ensures that all the components are voted on together
and assures me that I have everything needed for the Committee
Specification / Note Draft in one place.

2. Include the link to the Kavi file in your motion to approve. For example:

  "Do we approve Field Force Management Integration Interface
Requirements working draft 02 (contained in
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/44933/latest/FFMII-BusinessUseCasesFeaturesREQ-v1.0-wd02.docx
) as a Committee Note Draft and approve it be released for public
review?"

3. Then use that same link in the form requesting TC Admin load the
document and start the public review.

This way, I can connect the dots between your approval and the
published document and I can show anyone else those dots too.

Thanks & the public review should start tomorrow. Let me know if  you
have any questions.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-378-3472