ffm message

Subject: Minor WSDL packaging issue in FFMII-SPEC-v1.0-csprd01.zip

Hi!

Thought I already checked this but now that I unpacked the spec package again for the previous comment I noticed the following minor packaging issue.

The WSDL files refer to schema files using relative path "schemas/FFMII_v1_0_some_schema.xsd", i.e. WSDL files assume that the schema files are stored in "schemas" folder located IN the same folder as the WSDL files themselves. This is the way they were stored in FFMII_V1_0_WSDL_Schemas_WD01.zip.

.../FFMII_v1_0_ws_implementation.wsdl
.../FFMII_v1_0_ws_manager.wsdl
.../schemas/FFMII_v1_0_common_api.xsd
.../schemas/FFMII_v1_0_common_model.xsd

However, in FFMII-SPEC-v1.0-csprd01.zip the WSDL and schema files are packaged in parallel folders "wsdls" and "schemas" like shown below. This causes an I/O error when trying to interprete WSDL files extracted from the current package.

wsdls/FFMII_v1_0_ws_implementation.wsdl
wsdls/FFMII_v1_0_ws_manager.wsdl
schemas/FFMII_v1_0_common_api.xsd
schemas/FFMII_v1_0_common_model.xsd

Two possible ways to fix this:

a) Move "schemas" folder into "wsdls" folder, as they were stored in FFMII_V1_0_WSDL_Schemas_WD01.zip.

wsdls/FFMII_v1_0_ws_implementation.wsdl
wsdls/FFMII_v1_0_ws_manager.wsdl
wsdls/schemas/FFMII_v1_0_common_api.xsd
wsdls/schemas/FFMII_v1_0_common_model.xsd

b) Update WSDL files to refer to schema files in parallel directory using path "../schemas/FFMII_v1_0_some_schema.xsd".

However, I am not sure if this approach will work with all tools. Therefore, I would prefer the previous approach a.

BR, Johannes

--
Johannes Lehtinen
gsm +358 40 734 7049