geolang-comment message

Subject: [geolang-comment] Releasing my work

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> * John Cowan
> |
> | The UN apparently has numeric codes for the different regions of the
> | world, which I propose we add to our topic maps.
>
> This is the code set that Murray Altheim has already done, and that we
> were thinking of doing before we started the TC. I agree that this is
> a code set we should cover.

Lars Marius,

Until I can get my bearings here it's going to be hard to really
spend the kind of time necessary to participate fully. I'm going
to go into lurk mode for the most part, but before I do I'll say
that I've got my work in both LTM and XTM forms and will post a
tarball of it somewhere with the proviso that if we publish a
set of PSIs based on my work, and if anybody's name appears
on the final product, I'd wish my name to also appear in those
credits.

Otherwise, I think it only fair to make my work available at this
point so you all can evaluate if it's worth using, and then
concentrate on my rapidly-growing reading list.

As soon as I manage to package everything up and locate a suitable
publication spot, I'll announce it here.

Murray

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:m.altheim @ open.ac.uk>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu