geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] Code set list

Hi,

Japan was on a 3-day holiday so I didn't get to my mail. You and John sure
have been very busy looking at this code sets.

I think that this one for regions needs to be included:
  http://www.un.org/Depts/unsd/methods/m49regin.htm
I think that this is the one that John wanted too.

The list and order looks OK to me. I think that I need to print all of
these out and compare them to see any overlaps, if any. When we take a look
at them together we may find that we will want to change the order a bit;
it will help us to deal with similarities in content and how to deal with
them. I am very glad that you and John like creating conversion scripts ;-)
I do have one chameleon html to xml perl script that could be worked on for
a mapping; however, it seems that much of this work done already, and I am
very, very glad.

I would like to bring up the matter of maintenance; after we work on these,
what is the plan? It is really nice to make preliminary representations but
what about updates to the representation of our code sets when the legacy
is updated? I think that we need to think about it.  What is our plan? I
was afraid to create too many sets because of this, not because of the
preliminary work.

Cheers,
Mary