geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] Scripts, charsets, media types? (was: Quo vadis,GeoLang?)

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> I think they are in scope, the question is really if they are
> important enough to warrant inclusion.

I think:

if (important) include();
else if (!important && !difficult) include();
else exclude();

These sets are not difficult: they don't have very many associated
facts, and they are as you say in scope, at least marginally.

> This one I think is outside scope, however. It's not geography, nor is
> it linguistic. Both of the above are linguistic, or at least clearly
> related to linguistic information.
>
> The problem is that it would probably be a quite useful PSI set.  I'm
> not sure what to do about that.

Umm, redefine our scope?  Of course we don't have to do so quite
yet.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com