geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] Re: Releasing my work

John Cowan wrote:

> Lars Marius Garshol scripsit:
>
>>All the names should go in the same place, I think, unless the
>>procedure is to put an editor name at the top and have
>>acknowledgements further down. If so, I'd be happy for the editor's
>>name to be yours.

> I suggest that the Dublin Core properties be converted to a topic
> map pronto (I volunteer) and then we insert the authors and contributors
> as topics in their own maps, with associations binding them to the
> map itself.

If it's any help, I've got a draft of that already in LTM I can send
on. It certainly needs work, but it might be considered a start. I'm
currently bundling up the other LTM source files for Lars Marius, so
when I post them I'll stuff it in with them. (I can't send easily
from this machine I'm on right now). Since text files aren't that big
when compressed, I'll see what condition my condition is in and perhaps
send along the XTM files generated from them as well. (Can't remember
if I've accidentally killed my XTM processor while fixing it, but I
know it wasn't doing merging quite correctly.)

> BTW, why does the topicMap element have XLink attributes?

If you're talking about 'xmlns:xlink', it's just the namespace
declaration for XLink. It doesn't have any other XLink attributes
that I can think of.

Murray

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:m.altheim @ open.ac.uk>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu