geolang-comment message

Subject: [geolang-comment] Barcelona meeting agenda

Below is the proposed meeting agenda for the Barcelona meeting.
Comments on it are of course welcome.

If anyone wants to call in during the meeting, please let me know as
soon as possible. I am not sure if I can arrange it, but if someone is
interested I will try.

  BARCELONA MEETING AGENDA
==========================

The meeting will be Thursday May 24, 1800-2000, in the Victoria room
at the Princesa Sofia Intercontinental hotel.

 0. Welcome

 1. Attendance and membership

 2. Approval of agenda

 3. Reports on liaison work

 4. Discussion of issue 3

    Issue
      Should there be a "language" published subject? If there should
      be, how should "language" be defined?

    Proposed resolution
      Define two published subjects: "language" and "language group",
      as ISO 639 contains codes for both kinds of subjects.

      Use simple recursive definitions, such as "the concept of a
      language; the class of all languages" and "the concept of a
      language group; the class of all language groups".

 5. Discussion of issue 7

    Issue
      Which formats should we publish our PSI sets in? HTML? XTM?
      Anything else?

    Proposed resolution
      Make an HTML page entry page for each PSI set, let that page
      contain informal metadata as well as definition text for each
      published subject, and a link to an XTM file. The XTM file will
      be similar to those already proposed by Murray Altheim and Lars
      Marius Garshol.

 6. Discussion of issue 4

    Issue
      Both ISO 639 and ISO 3166 define more than one code for each
      subject.  Should the PSI sets we create mirror this, or should
      they only create one identifier for each subject? If so, which
      one should we choose?

    No proposed resolution

 7. Scheduling of next meeting and possibly concalls