geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] One or two files for English and French?

Murray Altheim scripsit:

> Steve Pepper wrote:
>
> > At 09:33 23/08/02 +0900, Mary Nishikawa wrote:
> >
> >> From a maintenance point of view, it also might be better to keep the
> >> French and English in separate files as they have done. Later on,
> >> adding other languages would only be a matter of adding on more files.
>

> This could be quite a maintenance nightmare though. One versus hundreds
> (or even thousands) of files? Yuck.

In addition, English and French are there because they are ISO standard
languages.  The only other plausible candidate to appear is Russian,
and I doubt that anyone at ISO will bother.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"In the sciences, we are now uniquely privileged to sit side by side