geolang message

Subject: Re: [geolang] OASIS TC Call For Participation: Published SubjectsforGeography and Languages

"Karl F. Best" wrote:

> A new OASIS technical committee is being formed. The OASIS Published
> Subjects for Geography and Languages Technical Committee (GeoLang TC)
> has been proposed by the following members of OASIS: Murray Altheim, Sun
> Microsystems; Bernard Vatant, Mondeca; and the following individual
> members: Lars Marius Garshol, Mary Nishikawa, and Steve Pepper.
[...]
> To become a member of this new TC you must 1) be an employee of an OASIS
> member organization or an Individual member of OASIS; 2) notify the TC
> chair, Lars Marius Garshol (larsga@ontopia.net), of your intent to
> participate at least 15 days prior to the first meeting; and 3)
> participate in the first meeting on 14 March 2002. You should also
> subscribe to the TC's discussion list. Note that membership in OASIS TCs
> is by individual, and not by organization. You must be eligible for
> participation at the time you time you notify the chair.
[...]

Karl,

I am currently an employee of an OASIS member organization (Sun) and
have notified the chair, but by the time the TC begins I will have
left Sun to return to school at the Knowledge Media Institute (KMi) in
the US. (My last day is next week.) I don't think KMi is a member (as
part of Open University), so I'm wondering if I'm still eligible.

Murray

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:murray.altheim&#x40;sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Java and XML Software
Sun Microsystems, Inc., MS MPK17-102, 1601 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025

            Corporations do not have human rights, despite the
          altogether too-human opinions of the US Supreme Court.