geolang message

Subject: RE: [geolang] GeoLang Meeting at XML 2003?

Patrick wrote:

| In order to increase the number of possible attendees, I would suggest
| that we agree on a meeting of GeoLang during the XML 2003 conference.

| Suggestion: Tuesday or Thursday (SC34 plenary is usually on Wednesday if
| memory serves) night meeting, say from 8 - 9 PM?

We should certainly start thinking about how to attract more
interest. Not sure whether the best way to do it is through
holding the actual working meeting during the conference. Why
not rather ask the organizers for a slot at which we can
present the work of all three committees? A Standards Update
just on Published Subjects, as a late-breaking session during
normal conference hours.

No reason why we couldn't do that *and* have a working group
meeting on the Thursday evening, for that matter. (I'm likely
to be doing a TAO of Topic Maps on the Tuesday evening.)

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>
Chief Executive Officer, Ontopia