geolang message

Subject: Re: [geolang] GeoLang Meeting at XML 2003?

Steve,

Steve Pepper wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>
> | In order to increase the number of possible attendees, I would suggest
> | that we agree on a meeting of GeoLang during the XML 2003 conference.

> | Suggestion: Tuesday or Thursday (SC34 plenary is usually on Wednesday if
> | memory serves) night meeting, say from 8 - 9 PM?
>
> We should certainly start thinking about how to attract more
> interest. Not sure whether the best way to do it is through
> holding the actual working meeting during the conference. Why
> not rather ask the organizers for a slot at which we can
> present the work of all three committees? A Standards Update
> just on Published Subjects, as a late-breaking session during
> normal conference hours.

Errr, some confusion on this end. A standards update on all three
(GeoLang, PubSubj, XMLVoc) or just on Published Subjects? Agree that
Published Subjects would be the most appropriate of the three for a
single session.

Does presume that we have more than the current work product to discuss.

Suspect that we could get a late-breaking session for Published
Subjects. (Rather like the idea of getting into the main conference
program. Great suggestion!)

> No reason why we couldn't do that *and* have a working group
> meeting on the Thursday evening, for that matter. (I'm likely
> to be doing a TAO of Topic Maps on the Tuesday evening.)

Would be very good if we got an early (in the conference schedule)
late-breaking slot and had the working group meeting later in the
conference.

OK, one request for Thursday night for a possible working group meeting,
any others?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--