geolang message

Subject: Responses on moving forward with TCs

Greetings!

Steve, Eric and Lars have responded to the proposal for moving the OASIS
TCs forward and by way of summary, I think the consensus thus far is:

1. GeoLang and XMLVoc should be dissolved in favor of continuing work in
PubSubj.

2. The work on the PSI sets begun in GeoLang need to be finished and the
sets published by PubSubj.

3. Future work should include:

Criteria for new PSI sets (Eric)

Possible small PSI sets from ISO standards (Steve)

PubSubj needs to gain experience publishing PSIs (Lars)

Please note that if the time/date (15:00 GMT, November 1st) works for
most members, I will be posting a meeting notice and agenda on Friday,
October 22nd. Any specific items that should be addressed should be
posted to the list, so that we can have discussion prior to the meeting
and so I can get it on the agenda.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--