Subject: RE: SlashDot and MMTT Langs

I thought so.

As to MS tactics, they are too clever for
their own good.  Somewhere a goat will
be sacrificed.  Like most geeks without
a shread of decent humanities reading
beyond neurocmancer, they just don't
understand the horrific predictability
of the systems humans used to govern
and keep relying on greed.  Greed only
works for some of the people some of
the time.

As I wrote in Beyond The Book Metaphor:

"The thing to remember about Machiavelli
is that he was fired."

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h

-----Original Message-----
From: cagle@olywa.net [mailto:cagle@olywa.net]

Actually,  the computer in this case was essentially acting as a giant set
of dice, though I have to admit that the likelihood that the dice program
was written using Windows is a rather delicious bit of irony. Having a
pro-consumer judge in this case doesn't bode well for Microsoft, especially
as it has lately been involved in such tactics as mailing affidavits to
influential lawmakers under the name of dead people, or solicitating
testimonials from people who thought they were responding to a government
inquiry. I have to admit that for a company with this much at stake, they
are especially adept of late in shooting themselves in the foot.