Subject: Re: HM.interactions: initial questions

from: ----- Original Message -----
From: Manos Batsis

>Both, depending on your scope. Without the SW framework, this knowledge
>interchange would be custom-made and extremely difficult to establish.
>But at the same time, this "service" will operate as a portal to this
>specific piece of information.

Hi Manos,

So, to me it seams that a RDF/Dublin Core reference to the existence of
a HumanML data resource would be an excellent addition to my own MTML
project. I'm seeking a way to make the RDF abilities of the sub-browser
the center piece of the application. The application's use of a relational text
gathering system is just a user convenience tool.

[...]
>> So at this point
>> I find myself desiring to gain a greater understanding of XML/SOAP.

>Although SOAP and/or XML-RPC are very handy as "semi-protocols", I don't
>really find a reason to focus on them while building our framework; They
>are just a distributed computing "API". Essentially, it's just a way of
>messaging. Shouldn't we be neutral towards these?

So the bottom line for this idea is to provide the information to a commonly
used rendering machine. Has anyone provided a reasonable selection
process that determines what will end up being rendered on the user's
machine?

re: regards,

Mark