Subject: Re: HM.Requirements: Legal (was Re: Long and Not Much to the Poi nt:Re: HM.applications-Profiling-Level of Details/Abstraction)

I appreciate moving this discussion into the Requirements Core Topic.
However, the original thread still has plenty of room left in it for
suggestions.

For this offshoot, I think we might want to cast the role of
HumanMarkup within the larger and smaller contexts mentioned so far.
We're not the defining entity, nor will we be in the certification
business, but we will have a role in authorization, at least for the
data that we compile and distribute. We're the ones who will be
definitely putting the keys in the hands of the individuals. For Law
Enforcement and to some extent, other arenas of Public Safety and
emergency Services, we wouldn't want it in the hands of individuals,
with the caveat that we ought to be able to review and attempt to
amend information that we, as individuals, consider false or
incomplete.

There will a Legal Profile or perhaps a Profile for Legal Purposes
that we will have a hand in. The question is how much.