Subject: RE: Tragedy

This forum can of course return to the thread as specified below.

I hope I am forgiven for distracting the issues for a moment.  No personal
insult should be read into my representation of a situation where be one
might wish to pull innovations together to address the contining problems
that our government has getting the intelligence right.

The models that enhance the use of digital technology is most useful for
distance learning , entertainment and other important pprocesses.  However,
I am looking for some support and collaboration from this HumanMarkUp
community for a project that might also be important and which needs to be
worked on.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) [mailto:clbullar@ingr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 5:47 AM
To: Kurt Cagle; Mark Brownell; humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Gentleman, while we can thrash this for awhile,
the facts are all not in, are being gathered, and
we can expect those that did commit these acts and
those that sponsored them to be identified.  After
that, an appropriate and fully capable response will
be made.  We are not on our knees, and we have the
capability to deal with this situation now and into
the future.

HumanML should return to the issues of creating
models to enhance the use of digital technology
for human communication and understanding.  Our
focus should be the interfaces and information types
that better enable human to computer to human interfaces.

- enhanced intelligent animation
- natural language analysis anc selection
- translation
- relationship discovery
- concept mapping
- adaptive HCI