Subject: RE: Of Interest

Holger is talking about timelines, use of objects, etc.

At one level one might be placing named characters,
speeches, gestures, moveto etc.   All it means is
High Level Authoring Language and is not that much
different (IMO) from the sorts of interfaces one
uses in parametric systems where assemblies are placed,
properties set, and so on.   Essentially, work in the
language of the author not the language of 3D graphics.
It is a tradeoff between ease of conceptualizing the
end product and programming close to the metal, so
yes, usability of the authoring suite.

Programmers I've worked with have a tough time with
XML because where an author sees

<partnumber>1-111</partnumber>
<partname>Wrench</partname>

the programmer sees