Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Re: Diplomacy, Americas Image, and HumanML

Thanks, Owen,

Common sense is not very common, I'm afraid. The ability to listen is a prerequisite
for understanding. And reading these articles we are pointed to by fellow observers
will help us learn how to better frame our messages.

Thanks, again,

>------=_NextPart_000_06FC_01C1CB35.984812D0
>
>Ranjeeth & Rex, Al Kamen's "In the Loop" column in yesterday's edition =
>of The Washington Post prompts this message.  The article is at =
>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17220-2002Mar12.html  See =

>especially the following passages:
>
>"The State Department's been casting about for better ways to project =
>America's image abroad."
>
>"... Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy Charlotte Beers, the former =
>advertising executive in charge of the conference."
>
>"... April 8-10 meeting . . . will improve our ability to convey our =
>policies and values to foreign audiences."
>
>"..
 even the best public relations work won't solve vexing problems =

http://www.starbourne.com