Subject: RE: possible Base anchor Idiosyncrasies RE: [humanmarkup-comment]First Working Draft of HM.Requirements

We had broken the original Base draft along the lines of the
characteristics of the communication environment and the
communicators.   Software agents will be a problem.  They
are entirely artificial and only insofar as they are emulating
the human characteristics can we classify them.  Otherwise,
we are simply doing user interface design.  In the early
discussions, we were talking more about human representations,
eg, VR avatars, as applications.  That they have a software
agent behind them is of interest to implementors, but not
particularly something we have to deal with.  Tecg like
emotion engines, articulation engines, etc. can use HumanML
for tagging and some glueing together of semantic classes,
but we aren't there yet.

We have to be careful not to invent too many abstractions
or terms here.  We originally carefully mined articles
on semiotics, hermaneutics, etc. to find a set of terms
and concepts of human communication that some set of
users will recognize and adapt and that appear to be
reasonably well-shared among disciplines.  I'm not set in stone
on these, just hopeful that we won't do too much in
the primary schema.

len