Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] P & P draft 2

Thanks Sylvia,

I have to wonder why it is that the first prospective client in a
month manages to send me mail on the day my mail client crashes and
takes part of my hard drive with it, or vice versa actually since it
happened as a result of a system freeze which a hasty punch of the
reset button turned into apparently permanent damage to that area of
the hard drive where that application was running at the time. One
gets so accustomed to apparently perpetual functionality that it
never occurs that even hard drives of gigabyte capacities do get
filled up.

Then when the aforementioned prospective new client actually calls,
my physical voice box decides it is time to develop laryngitis. So
now I have a new chapter for my book titled, "How NOT to Make a First
Impression."

We need an emoticon for bewilderment. And why IS Murphy picking on me
all of a sudden?

This is a good set of points from which to base what might be called
Sociological (as opposed to a Technological) White Paper. We still
need to do that, and doing both would be better than the
editorial/technical division we haven't gotten around to finishing

I think that rather than settle for gluing together a pastiche, I
would like to encourage you to recast this in that form. I would be
happy to contribute. One of the reasons why I started down the path
of writing what amounts to an answer to various critics who have
levelled some well-deserved commentary at us over the last year was
to try to attract that kind of attention again. So I have to admit to
a somewhat ulterior Public Relations motive in the tone and focus of
my series of opinion pieces disguised as expository answers to our
critics.

That said, if we have a White Paper of this caliber, when
restructured in a more formal White Paper approach, it would be very
much a coordinated effort, where I go out and stimulate some
additional media attention, while back on the TC Website (with
Humanmarkup.org and the archival Yahoo sites and material to back it
up) we start building informational, expository resources for the
press and newly interested individuals to dive into once their
appetites are sufficiently whetted, (if my/our attempts to generate
that interest are successful).

This brings up the obvious point that I would like, now that
Humanmarkup.org can function, to solicit more participation in the
appetite-whetting department.

Ranjeeth will be doing some of that next month with his in-person
contact activities, so any suggestions of how we can do this, perhaps
in academic/industry journals, etc. would be appreciated.

We've been on the map before, so getting back on it shouldn't be that
hard, but this time we want to mold Public Perception
Intentionally--and we should be upfront about doing that.