Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] RE: Liaison with OASIS HumanMarkup TC?

Hi again, Chuck,

I am including my previous message because, while I have received a
post from you through the news@lists.hr-xml.org on 4/11/02, I have
not received any messages from the competencies mailing list which
you mentioned. So I thought I would send along this brief reminder
because I am still very interested in exploring the possibilities of
synergy between our two groups, and the arena of competencies in
particular.

I am currently attempting to find someone from an OASIS member
company associated with our HumanMarkup TC who has some overlapping
interests in the area of competencies who will also have those
interests as an incentive to harmonize our different efforts, and act
as a liaison.

I do have a couple of likely candidates for this role, but I must
wait for them to obtain permission to participate in this
crosslinking task.

Joely, Monica, I included you in this message in order to give you
some background on the specific areas I think you might have some
interest in developing for human factors and ebXML in international
applications which could benefit from incorporating Human Markup
Language-specific contextual depth.

Patrick, Karl and Scott, I wanted to keep you apprised of another
specific effort to create liaisons between the OASIS HumanMarkup TC
and other, related, standards organizations.

Warm Regards,
Rex Brooks

Hi Chuck,

Yes, I believe there are synergies we can explore and I would very
much like to be included in your group's "Competencies" mailing list.
I agree that we are not on a collision course. I believe we can
complement each other's specifications in ways that will prove useful
to the Human Resources Community.

Thanks for your response. I look forward to working with you, and I
would also like to to suggest that you might find it useful to
investigate the OASIS Web Services for Interactive Applications
Technical Committee and perhaps the Web Services for Remote Portals
TC as well, once it becomes officially established after it's first
meeting next week. It is almost certain that Human Resources Portals
offering web services will spring up to serve the Human Resources
Community.

Regards,
Rex Brooks