Subject: [Fwd: Re: overlaps (Was:[humanmarkup-comment] newbie intro)]

Dear Colleagues:

We received this information this morning on our mailing list. We
have a subcommittee of the OASIS HumanMarkup Technical Committee
named The Human Physicl Characteristics Description Markup Language,
which will be constructed as a subset extension of the Human Markup
Language. I think we have a definite overlap.

Our OASIS TC website URL is:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup

One of the tenets of our effort is that we seek to harmonize our
vocabularies with existing and planned academic, historical, social,
commercial and governmental usages, so we definitely want to be
certain that our efforts do not conflict in terminology and can
provide for interoperabiity.

I will personally look over your materials and I invite you to do
likewise with ours. We are open to suggestions about how to proceed.

There are numerous other areas of overlap which we have already
discovered, or in the case of several of us, we actually became
involved with the HumanMarkup effort as a result of the overlap with
the work of the Humanoid Animation Working Group of the Web 3D
Consortium. We have also established a fairly close association with
The Center for Human Modeling and Simulation at the University of
Pennsylvania.

Web 3D Consortium:
http://www.web3d.org

H-Anim  Working Group:
http:///www.h-anim.org

University of Pennsylvania Center for Human Modeling and Simulation:
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~hms/index.html

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Rex Brooks
OASIS HumanMarkup TC Vice Chair, Secretary and Webmaster