Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-channel

Hi Everyone,

I'm baaaack. Lucky you <facetious />

Seriously, after quite a bit of water under bridge, and a bit more
thought, I think we should refine channel  further, thus:

a sensoryChannel would be a conduit for input information into a
human object, i.e. an instantiation of the human element

a communicationChannel would be a conduit of message-bearing energy

a signal would be message-bearing energy (which we will still revisit
in order when we get there, realising that it may be further refined
by that time.)

While it would be possible to derive these from channel as it is
written in the straw man, I think it would necessitate a third level
of abstraction as a secondary base schema, so to speak, so what I
propose is that we take the time to define some basic, if derived,
elements to avoid a secondary base schema just for these top level
derivations. I do think that these distinctions will turn up for many
of our singular base elements.

Thoughts?