Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Re: [humanmarkup] Base Schema-chronemic

Humans have sessions in the abstract sense as long
as a conversation or communication has an begin time
and end time.

What you are describing is virtual time.  It is an
artifice for mapping to real time/clock time.  A
set of names are provided that are mapped to durations
where duration has a clock value.  That mapping enables
scaling such as musical beats per minute, and
which symbol (note) gets one beat in music.   Project
schedulers use this concept.  So does SMIL and any
hypermedia toolkit.  I don't think the notion of
session as in an Internet connection is typically
applicable to the human use or perception of time so
I need some clarification as to why that is being
introduced.

Geologists divide time over events in the earth's
history into periods.  Archaeologists have a similar
system.  Historians have these as well.
In fact, this is a secondary schema set of
names.  What the base has to provide is a means of
describing the scaling or to borrow it, say from
SMIL.  That a communication has a chronemic aspect
should be expressible and simple.   The rule for how
it affects the parties to the communication or the
communication itself is in the secondary.

len