Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] modified HumanML taxonomy

paul wrote:

>And, as always, there are more than one valid theory of behavior.

IHMO, there is no reason to cover any theory of behavior. It's
impossible to invent something that will answer to every need and
interpretation; the best one can come up with, is a reusable set of
tools to use for vertical development.

>The issue of how RDF classes are expected to be used is also important to talk about, and all I ever see is conversation among the initiated as if some first principles where understood by everyone who needs to understand.

I agree with your view that we are all guilty on that, however this is
volunteer  work. If one is interested on some basic background, he must
go out there and look for it. In a list with so diverse interests,
providing the basics would be unbearable; the volume of messages gets
awfully great and messy when compared to posts maching one's interest.

>Now one can ask about the origin of this list of about attributes.  Is the list complete in every way or are there some issues here and there with one or more of the attributes?
>
>Who has decided on these and not some other attributes?  Can we add or subtract to this list?

How about "no list", just types from which you can draw your objects.
The type, or maybe interface if you preffer, from which one can draw
members of that type is the best there can be as far as my limited
imagination has gone. Besides, no term can have a global, unique meaning
amongst applications... or even people; thats easy to figure out once
you ask for interpretations from some. People that give the same
interpretations in a term, usually share a similar function or other
relationship against it.

So the only way for such a language to be usefull is to provide the
tools; links for connecting types with handlers whithin an application
to provide for emulation of meaning and anticipation.

Manos