Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] New Book on a New Kind of Science

Hi Folks,

In case you don't hear much from me in the next few days, you can
blame it on Rob Nixon who told me about a book by Stephen Wolfram, A
New Kind of Science. If you have followed my commentary over the
years wrt many scientific issues, specifically in the area of
epistemology, linguistics, semiotics, and now autopoiesis, not
mention complex adaptive systems and stratified complexity, then you
know that the one single concept which has time and again cropped up
from me has been: pattern recognition...

I wanted it and I wasn't getting it. Well, I now have 1280 pages to
plough through to see if Wolfram got it. It sure looks like he did.
Sorry, but there really isn't anything more important for me to be
doing right now, so I'll see y'all when I come up for air. Consider
this an apology in advance for some tasks I said I was going to do
soon but which I won't be doing until I'm satisfied about this.

Later,