Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Today's Meeting

Hi Everyone,

Just a short note to thank all who participated in today's
teleconference and IM session. I wish I had had more time to absorb
Sylvia's post prior to the meeting, but such is life. I recommend
everyone read it at least twice, since it is even more dense than
usual--a good thing. I had not given CONTAINERs much thought because
I, like many, had a pre-conceived notion of what a container is, and
this doesn't seem to be that kind of package wrapper, so I would like
it if Len could give us a little expansion on that concept. It is
another of those terms we will have to be crisp about because it is
widely used. I love the term SEMIOTE, and I love the level of
abstraction at which this semiotic application thingie works,
however, because I am always suspicious of things that I am attracted
to because I usually perceive them to reflect some part of my own
internal universe rather than their inherent qualities, I will
practice as much circumspection as I can, but THIS IS NEAT!

Okay, I'm better now. As usual I will get the minutes posted and the
website updated by the end of the weekend.

I will also bring up the discussion of personal information and
profiling soon. We will need to weigh in on how and when personal
information is passed and updated and stored soon. We may have to
adhere to terminology and concepts we don't necessarily want or
approve if we wait till after the Web Services work is done.

Thanks again to all. It was stimulating.