Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Latest samples of my 3D work

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would alert you all to the wonderful opportunity to view
my latest masterpieces--all 2.6 seconds of it. (You can throw your
tomatoes now.)

http://www.starbourne.com/X3D.html

It is an animated gif and movie file of prototype of a set of
segments to animate a 3D representation of a human face, which I call
a face skeleton. I produced it in 3D Studio Max. The face skeleton is
a prototype (as opposed to a PROTO for those of you who know what the
difference is in VRML/X3D) of a system meant to be a proposal to the
H-Anim Working Group for a set of elements to act as the selected
facial muscles they are modelled upon and provide a programmatic
means for automating facial gestures as part of a system including
bodily gestures using the existing H-Anim 2001 Continuous Mesh
Specification.

This is intended to be part of a system that will use HumanMarkup to
drive avatars with a set of behaviors beyond what is possible today
for interactive applications. I am presenting it now because I will
have to pursue other priorities soon, and I didn't want to delay
until I had something more refined and presentable. I hope you find
it interesting and can see the potential here.

The VRML97 output from my Max exporter put these linked elements in
skewed positions which are pretty funny, since the animated movements
still occur in the looping sequence they were meant to make, but with
no easily apparent connection to the mesh, which does not animate in
VRML97 regardless, and is there in a 75% transparent rendering. I
will put it up in a non-public if folks care for a whimsical look at
the chaotic kaleidoscope.

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309