Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-Belief

I think that this approach that Len describes is more along the lines
of Belief System than belief as an atomic element. I think we need to
be careful about that.

One can have a belief that the sun will rise tomorrow, regardless of
what cultural or social belief system one adheres to or whether one
adheres to any particular belief system. The fact that the sun will
not rise tomorrow, but the earth will continue to rotate about its
axis is actually irrelevent to my belief because my belief is not
necessarily based on the science of physics as we have come to
understand and accept it.

Why or how something actually happens is the truth to which Ranjeeth
refers and which most reasonably rational people, as I understand
THAT set of concepts, agree is independent of any belief or belief
system. The idea that the truth might NOT actually be independent of
our perceptions and beliefs could also be true, but we will probably
not be able to verify it.

So what I think we should do is to consider that when we get back
around to the new elements we need to consider...

I am in fact going to hold off on sending this until I have posted my
first entry for the next element. Sigh.

It is gonna get real busy real quick.